Creamy Garlic Pork Marsala is a 30 minute dish that has the most amazing creamy garlic marsala sauce with tender, juicy, fresh pork and mushrooms hidden inside. This meal is a unique spin on a traditional chicken marsala dish, and will be on repeat because its perfect for busy nights!
School is back in session for us this week and life is going to get even more crazy. My oldest son is starting his first year in high school. HIGH SCHOOL which translates into: I feel old. How do I have a son in high school? It feels like yesterday that I was walking the halls of high school. It is so weird when you your kids grow up. He is 6 feet tall and now I look up to him. And trying to keep him fed when he has a bottomless pit can be a challenge at times.
I try so hard to still bring them a home cooked meal during the school year. And this is why 30 minute meals save us. You can still bring your family a restaurant quality meal in under 30 minutes. Smithfield Marinated Fresh Pork is my go-to for a delicious, hassle free dinner because the prep work is already done for you! All you have to do is slow cook, sauté, grill, or roast for a meal that is perfect for any night of the week, even during the busy school season!
The flavor of this pork loin filet is incredible. It is slow marinated and perfectly seasoned. For this recipe I used Roasted Garlic and Herb, but it is also available in an assortment of mouthwatering flavors including Applewood Smoked Bacon, Slow Smoked Mesquite, and Slow Roasted Golden Rotisserie. It is available in a wide variety of cuts, including pork roasts, loin filets, chops, ribs, sirloins, and tenderloins, all of which can be sliced or cubed for even faster cooking. Plus, it is made with 100% fresh pork with no artificial ingredients and packed with protein.var ai_script = document.getElementsByClassName ('ai-viewports'); ai_insert_viewport (ai_script [ai_script.length - 1]);
HOW DO YOU MAKE CREAMY GARLIC PORK MARSALA?
- Start by cubing your pork loin filet. In a medium sized skillet over medium high heat add 1 Tablespoon of olive oil and pork cubes. Cook 3-4 minutes each side until pork cubes are brown and cooked throughout (to an internal temperature of 145 F). Remove and set aside on a plate.
- Add the minced garlic and mushrooms to the skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes or until tender. Set aside on the plate with the pork cubes.
- Add the chicken broth and marsala wine and bring to a boil and allow it to deglaze for about 1-2 minutes. Add in the heavy cream, ground mustard, and garlic powder. Add in cornstarch slurry and let simmer until thick for about 5-7 minutes. Put the pork and mushrooms back into the sauce and heat through.
- Serve over rice, noodles, or mashed potatoes.
WHAT KIND OF MARSALA WINE IS BEST FOR PORK MARSALA?
Marsala wine is an Italian wine with a smoky, deep flavor. When making savory dishes like chicken or pork marsala, dry Marsala is the classic choice.
WHAT CAN I SUBSTITUTE MARSALA WINE WITH?
Even though the alcohol in this dish will cook out, you can substitute with more chicken broth. If you are looking for another wine substitute, a brandy fortified wine comes close to the original. 1/4 cup of dry white wine with 1 teaspoon of brandy will work just fine.
Smithfield® is also partnering with cookbook author, actress, designer and mom of two, Haylie Duff to create exclusive recipes and time saving tips that help busy families answer the age-old question, “What’s for dinner?” Her original recipes including Tomatillo, Pineapple and Bacon Pork Tacos, Pork Loin Banh Mi Bowls, and Pork Gyros with Fresh Tzatziki feature a variety of Smithfield Marinated Fresh Pork cuts and flavors, with just a few fresh ingredients, and can be made in a matter of minutes!
Visit SmithfieldRealFlavorRealFast.com to view these quick and easy meal ideas, as well as the “Real Fresh, Real Flavor, Real Fast” recipe inspiration center. You can also enter a time-saving tip contest by sharing how you fit home-cooked meals into your busy weeknight routines for a chance to win a trip to Napa Valley, California, plus hundreds of other great prizes!
Smithfield Marinated Fresh Pork is available at Ridley’s and Walmart.
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Smithfield Roasted Garlic and Herb Marinated Fresh Pork Loin Filet, cut into cubes
- 8 ounce sliced mushrooms
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- ¾ cup marsala wine
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1¼ cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 Tablespoons water
- Fresh chopped parsley for garnish
- Start by cubing your pork loin filet. In a medium sized skillet over medium high heat add 1 Tablespoon of olive oil and pork cubes. Cook 3-4 minutes each side until pork is brown and cooked throughout. Remove and set aside on a plate.
- Add the minced garlic and mushrooms to the skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes or until tender. Set aside on the plate with the chicken pork.
- Add the chicken broth and marsala wine and bring to a boil and allow it to deglaze for about 1-2 minutes. Add in the heavy cream, ground mustard, and garlic powder. Add in cornstarch slurry by mixing the cornstarch and water in a small bowl and pouring into the sauce and let simmer until thick for about 5-7 minutes. Put the chicken pork and mushrooms back into the sauce and heat through.
- Serve over rice, noodles, or mashed potatoes.