1 stick (8 tablespoons) unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 cup granulated sugar
⅓ cup coconut oil
⅓ cup light brown sugar
1 large egg
1½ teaspoons pure vanilla extract
2½ cups old-fashioned rolled oats
1½ cups all-purpose flour
¼ cup flaxseed meal
¼ cup brewer’s yeast powder
¾ teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon fine sea salt
1½ cups chocolate chips
1 cup almonds, chopped (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter, granulated sugar, coconut oil and light brown sugar until light and fluffy, about 4 minutes.
3. Add the egg and vanilla and mix to combine.
4. Add the oats, flour, flaxseed meal, brewer’s yeast, baking powder, baking soda and salt and mix until fully incorporated.
5. Add the chocolate chips and almonds, if using, and mix to combine.
6. Scoop 2 tablespoon-size mounds of dough onto the prepared baking sheets. Bake until the edges are golden brown, 12 to 15 minutes. Cool completely before serving.